top of page

Migration Agent - Si o No?

You DO NOT need to use a migration agent to apply for any visa. However, if you choose to use a migration agent, you should use a registered migration agent.

Applying for a visa yourself
There is a variety of information and services available on the departmental website.

Agents outside Australia
Some migration agents registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) operate outside Australia. You can search for a registered agent outside Australia on the OMARA website. Go to 'Search for an Agent' and Search By Location Details: 'Country'.
See: Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority

Using a migration agent in Australia
This page will provide you with information to help you when using a migration agent.

Agent fees - Why fees vary

Under the Code of Conduct for registered migration agents, the amount your agent charges (fees) must be fair and reasonable. Your agent will set their fee based on your circumstances.

Abolition and replacement of the 457 visa – Government reforms to employer sponsored skilled migration visas

On 18 April 2017, the Government announced that the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) will be abolished and replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.


There are two main streams available under this new TSS visa program:

bottom of page